1) Read these Lost Stories stories:
- Vintage photos of 1931 killing tell new story, generations later
- Time capsule mystery from 1976 cracked in AL.com Vintage photos
- Vintage photos of 14-year-old hijacker recall unexpected turn
- Mom’s joy of seeing son Chuck Leavell play with Rolling Stones captured in one incredible photo
- How The Birmingham News busted teen’s Grateful Dead secret at 1995 show
2) Choose 2-3 of these stories, and in the comments, leave some thoughts on what you think works and what questions you have about the stories — the focus, approach, the voice, etc. Think about our conversation about the fire-behind-football-game story.
3) Look over the Birmingham News photos in Dropbox. (Captions are in a Word doc at the bottom of the page.) Come to class Tuesday with your top three. In the meantime, if you feel strongly about one (or more) of these, email me and let me know why.
4) Look over the schedule for the Lost Stories project and let me know if you have any questions about the deadlines. We will talk to Elizabeth at AMG next week about the engagement/distribution plan.